WHAT IS CONFIRMATION?
Here at Holy Covenant, our Confirmation program is a large part of our middle school ministry. Students participate in a 2-year program that begins in 6th grade and continues through 7th grade. Our program has 2 major goals: for students to claim their faith for themselves and to value a faith community in their life. Over the course of those 2 years, our students will:
- Explore the narrative of Scripture through storytelling, creative reflection, and conversation.
- Study the story of God’s redemption from Genesis to Revelation, focusing on the patriarchs of the Old Testament, the prophets and kings of Israel, and the coming of the promised savior.
- Learn about the early church, John Wesley and the Methodist movement.
- Learn about Wesleyan theology as it relates to grace, the Trinity, the Church, and the Sacraments
- Understand what it means to claim your faith as your own and become a full member of Holy Covenant UMC.